Saturday 20 September 2014

EXPLORING THROUGH ART OF READING

Let me start writing by puzzling your mind.
So here is my riddle…….

Which building has the most stories?’

I won’t waste much of your time. Obviously the answer is ‘The Library’.Sorry guys, I know it is a cliche.
So I am going to write about one of my favorite place which I visit regularly, the Goa State Central Library.


Goa State Central Library at Patto, Panaji




Whenever I am free I visit this library with my sister. We first rush to Lending section where we walk through rows of books and magazines which are in English, Hindi, Marathi, and Konkani. Within which you can also find novels –fiction & non-fiction, educational books, historical books and plenty of other books. I mostly go for lighthearted books in English whereas my sister’s taste of books are totally different, which are not in my pick list.

They provide with air conditioned comfortable sitting arrangement for readers and even for those students who want to make notes for their homework & assignments.

And after picking a book and a magazine of our choice we visit other sections. One of the sections which I am fond of more than Lending section is, Children’s section. This place is filled with many soft toys which makes this section one of my favorite. The books there remind me of my childhood. And I am sure it will remind you, of yours too.

In other sections they keep Rare Books, old newspapers & journals relating to Goan History, as well as Portuguese Section, which has books & journals acquired during pre-liberalization period. It is considered to be the biggest repository of books in Portuguese language in Asia.

And before leaving library, we issue/return books and magazines using smart card. This facility is available to all those who have registered for lifetime membership at nominal fee.

Let me know which is your favorite book and author in the comment section below. And my favorite book is Shiva Trilogy by Amish Tripathi.

Have a nice day!

3 comments:

  1. My fav book
    "Winners do not do different things ,they do things differently".
    By shiv khera!!
    &
    I specially like to visit children's section...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My personal favourite is :
    The fault in our stars by John green ��

    ReplyDelete